UnCrushedLeaves Himalayan Half-Marathon
20 May, 2018 | 6:25 AM
Jibhi, Banjar, Himachal Pradesh, India
|Overall Rating: (1 Vote)|
UnCrushedLeaves Himalayan Half-Marathon Facilities
|Route Measurement:||Measured using GPS/Cycle|
UnCrushedLeaves Himalayan Half-Marathon Distance
|Half Marathon : 21.097 KM : Rs 1050|
|10K Run : 10.000 KM : Rs 750|
|5K Run : 5.000 KM : Rs 450|
UnCrushedLeaves Himalayan Half-Marathon Awards
|Finish Line Goodies|
UnCrushedLeaves Himalayan Half-Marathon Venue Facilities
UnCrushedLeaves Himalayan Half-Marathon 2018
Jibhi, Himachal Pradesh
May 20, 2018 Sunday | Half-Marathon - 10K Run - 5K Run | Reg. fee Rs. 1050 - 750 - 450
Be the trend setter and be among the first ones to participate in a Marathon in the Lower Himalayas. Run with your mind, heart and soul
Catch the beauty of the Himalayas in full splendor. Absorb the energy all around. Be one with yourself and take on the challenge to push yourself to higher limit
It's uphill, it's downhill, it has curves, it has bends, little villages and pine forests: that's the marathon track. Perched at a max. altitude of 2420 mts. Sure to give your body a run to remember.
Register Your Marathon Running Spot
Limited number of spots and stay options. Say yes to the challenge of Himalayas.
19th May, 2018 - Bib collection day at Jibhi | 20th May, 2018 - Race Day
The run kicks off at Jibhi and goes up the Gadagusheni Rd. Passing by Bahu, it goes all the way to Village Mohni where it takes a U – turn and returns back down the mountain to Jibhi Waterfall. The runners go through a varied terrain of terraced fields, alpine forest and high meadows on an adventure which will include running along a mountain ridge.
The course begins at Jibhi with a moderate ascent for about 0.5 km and then climbs steadily up for about 7 km with a short steep incline at the end. On reaching the top of the hill and we run along the ridge for 3 km and make a U-turn at Mohni village. The total altitude gained is 944 m.
After the U-turn we go back down the path we’ve come up and finish at Jibhi.
The course is moderate and altitude acclimatization is key – train well with hill training or a load on your back.
See the Map and the Elevations - come prepared to stay a few days after the run too - Enjoy the fresh mountain air and nature.
Who should participate (qualification criteria/pre-requisites)
Participants need to be at least 18 years old to run for the Half-Marathon and must have completed a half-marathon in the last 24 months (information required)
Participants need to be at least 15 years old for the 10 K run.
Participants need to be at least 8 years old for the 5 K run.
These are not runs for the first time half-marathoner or 10 K runner.
Chandigarh - 268 KM away. Head north on the Manali Highway (NH3). About 37 km north of Mandi, instead of turning in to the Aut tunnel you take the right and head on towards Jibhi 30 km away
Kullu - 55 KM away. Head south on the Manali Highway (NH3). About 20 km south of Kullu, as soon as you cross the Aut-tunnel turn Left and head on towards Jibhi 30 km away.
There are many HRTC buses and private Volvos from Chandigarh and Delhi to Manali. You can get off at Aut (40 km from Mandi) and take a bus to Jibhi.
Chandigarh (IXC) | Kullu (KUU) | New Delhi (DEL)
Nearest Rail Junction
Chandigarh station (CDG)
Remember – train well and you will finish smiling. All the very best and congratulations on your decision.
Running Safe at altitude: Acclimatization is key - come as many days in advance as possible.
Race Bib with timing chip
Route Support & Hydration
Call Andy @ +918109033836 | Mayur @ +919820342947
Rules / Event Conditions
Rules / Event Conditions
Please choose the event category carefully, confirmed registrations are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be modified. Provide us with a secure email ID/mobile no that you can access regularly, since this will be our primary means of communication during the run up to the event.
- Users of email services that offer filtering/blocking of messages from unknown email address should add this email id email@example.com to their address list. We will be sending regular updates to the Mobile number you have provided in the registration form this should be not treated as spam and you shall not take any action against our bulk sms service provider.
- Any notice sent to the email address registered with the organizers shall be deemed as received by the runners.
- Please fill out only those fields that are necessary for mailing purposes. Do not provide redundant data in multiple fields (i.e., do not list the same data for city, province and country), as this will only complicate our ability to contact you, if necessary.
- You are aware that running long distance running is an extreme sport and can be injurious to body and health. You take full responsibility for participating in the UnCrushedLeaves Himalayan Half-Marathon event and do not hold the organizing committee or any of it’s members or entities responsible for any injury or accident.
- You shall consult your physician and undergo complete medical examination to assess your suitability to participate in the event.
- You also assume all risks associated with participating in this event including, but not limited to, falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat or humidity, traffic and the condition of the road, arson or terrorist threats and all other risks associated with a public event.
- You agree that UnCrushedLeaves Himalayan Half-Marathon shall not be liable for any loss, damage, illness or injury that might occur as a result of your participation in the event.
- You agree to abide by the instructions provided by the organizers from time to time in the best interest of your health and event safety.
- You also agree to stop running if instructed by the Race director or the medical staff or by the aid station volunteers.
- You confirm that your name and media recordings taken during your participation may be used to publicize the event.
- You may acknowledge and agree that your personal information can be stored and used by UnCrushedLeaves Himalayan Half-Marathon or any other company in connection with the organization, promotion and administration of the event and for the compilation of statistical information.
- You confirm that, in the event of adverse weather conditions, major incidents or threats on the day, any of the force major or restriction by authority, the organizers reserve the right to stop/cancel/postpone the event. You understand that confirmed registrations and merchandise orders are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be modified. The organizers reserve the right to reject any application without providing reasons. Any amount collected from rejected applications alone will be refunded in full (excluding bank charges wherever applicable)
- Runners are recommended to stay off the course beyond the cut-off time considering the safety and traffic regulations.
- For any reason you cannot turn up on race day, no refund of any form will be given.
- runINDIA is only a service provider and is not in any way responsible for the delivery of the event.
- If this registration is being made on behalf of a minor, I confirm that I am the parent / guardian of the child and that he/She has my permission to take part in the event. I further concur that all the above rules shall apply to him/her as if he were a major.
- Participants must personally appear for collecting the running Bibs. Bibs can be distributed in-absentee with written consent of the registered runners.
- You also understand and agree that You may be contacted by the Sponsors and Promoters of the event for marketing and promotion of offers and grant explicit permission to send me communications on my mobile number & email address provided here in above.
- We request total co-operation from runners in this regards.