2. Collection of Information:
The Site collects information from you in two ways: directly from your input and automatically through the Site’s technologies.
a. Information provided by you
The types of information the Site collects directly from you may include the following as well as any other information type that we expressly ask you to enter and submit to the Site:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, email address, pincode and telephone number;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Educational and employment background;
- Comments and feedback;
- The links that you clicked on our website;
- Interests and communication preferences.
b. Information Collected Automatically
The Site automatically collects certain information regarding your use of the Service. Examples of information collected automatically include:
- Internet Protocol ("IP") address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Computer, device and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform and unique device identifier (“UDID”) and other technical identifiers;
- Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") click stream data, including date and time, and content you viewed or searched for on a Service;
- Location information for location-aware Services to provide you with more relevant content for where you are in the world.
We may use and disclose automatically collected information for any purpose, except where we are restricted by applicable law. If we combine any automatically collected information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information.
We may also use aggregated information for any purpose, however, this information does not identify specific individuals and so is not personal information.
c. Cookies and Web Beacons
- "Session" cookies, which are temporary and deleted when you close your browser;
- "Persistent" cookies, which remain until you delete them or they expire;
- Web beacons, which are electronic images also known as single-pixel gifs.
In general, cookies, web beacons and similar technologies do not contain personally identifiable information, but when you furnish your personal information through the Site, this information may be linked to the non-personally identifiable data stored in cookies sent to your browser from the Site.
We and our service providers use these technologies for various purposes, including: facilitating the login process, administering, customizing and improving the Site, personalizing the browsing experience; advertising, promotions and surveys, reporting and paying royalties and license fees to third-party providers, such as authors, societies and other copyright holders and content distributors as well as tracking and analyzing user preferences and trends.
There are a number of ways to manage cookies. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new browser cookie, and how to disable existing browser cookies. However, if you block cookies, you may not be able to register, login or make full use of the Site. You can also use your mobile device’s settings to manage the available privacy options.
Our HTML-formatted emails may contain a web beacon to tell us whether our emails are opened and verify any clicks through to links or advertisements within the email. We may use this information for purposes including determining which of our emails are more interesting to users, to query whether users who do not open our emails wish to continue receiving them and to inform our advertisers in aggregate how many users have clicked on their advertisements. The web beacon will be deleted when you delete the email. Emails in plain text rather than HTML will not include the web beacon.
3. Use of Your Personal Information
We use the personal information collected through the Service to complete various actions:
- to assist you in completing a transaction or order;
- to provide and improve service and support;
- to update you on relevant new services and benefits;
- to personalize the Site and to select content to be communicated to you or to use features on the Site such as sharing content with a friend or colleague;
- to contact you regarding our products or services or other products and services from third parties;
- to invite you to participate in surveys, competitions and similar promotions;
- for data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Site, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, or in other ways to which you have expressly agreed in a customer agreement with us;
- to prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may on occasion also match or combine the personal information that you provide with information that we obtain from other sources or that is already in our records, whether collected online or offline or by predecessor or affiliated group companies, for the purposes described above.
4. Data Security
We use a variety of data security measures intended to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information, but in case of any security breach out of our control we shall not be held responsible for any loss whatsoever.